Resources from recent and upcoming events.
A date for your diary: the sixth annual EU conference on EAFRD financial instruments for agriculture and rural development in 2014-2020
When: 16 November
Where: digital event
The European Commission – Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI) in partnership with the European Investment Bank (EIB) is pleased to invite you to participate to the ‘Sixth annual EU conference on EAFRD financial instruments for agriculture and rural development in 2014-2020’.
By participating to the conference, you will:
- Strengthen your knowledge about the possibilities for using EAFRD financial instruments in the 2021-2027 CAP Strategic Plans;
- Learn more about the Green Deal;
- Discover the findings of the fi-compass study assessing the market gap in agriculture and agri-food sectors in 24 EU Member States;
- Listen to stakeholders and managing authorities sharing their current experiences and future plans for implementation of EAFRD financial instruments, including how to support green and environmentally sustainable investments in the agriculture sector.
Watch the video to grasp the key takeaways from last year’s ‘Annual EAFRD conference on financial instruments for agriculture and rural development’.
A date for your diary: Financial instruments under European Regional Development and Cohesion Funds
When: 1-2 December
Where: digital event
fi-compass is pleased to announce an online ERDF conference entitled, ‘Financial instruments under European Regional Development and Cohesion Funds’ to be held on Tuesday 1 December – Wednesday 2 December 2020.
The conference will offer a comprehensive programme for practitioners working or planning to work with financial instruments under the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and Cohesion Fund (CF) 2021-2027 operational programmes. The event will feature information sessions and interactive formats covering:
- The Cohesion policy framework and its role in the EU Recovery Plan including the Next Generation EU package and Just Transition Mechanism;
- EC Regulatory Guidance and horizontal topics related to ERDF/CF financial instruments, such as combination with grants and InvestEU; and
- Sector specific sessions looking ahead to implementation of financial instruments in the 2021-2027 programming period.
The event has been structured in a modular format to allow participants to join the sessions that reflect their specific interests. The ‘plenary’ session on day one considers several key horizontal topics relating to the implementation of financial instruments in the 2021-2027 programming period. On day two, we present a horizontal session on InvestEU plus two parallel sessions on key sectors in the new Multiannual Financial Framework, SME financing and Energy Efficiency.
The online format means that there will be no limitation on numbers of participants and it is hoped that the content and expert panel of speakers drawn from the European Commission, EIB Group and financial instruments practitioners in Member States will attract a high level of interest.
Stay tuned, registrations will open soon!
Crowdfunding – ESF webinar attracts high level of interest
Over 150 participants from managing authorities, financial intermediaries, EU institutions and stakeholders from crowdfunding platforms joined the webinar ‘Crowdfunding and ESF opportunities: future perspectives for managing authorities’. The webinar highlighted the challenges and possibilities of setting up financial instruments that are delivered alongside or through crowdfunding platforms.
fi-compass EAFRD country specific webinars on financial needs in the agriculture and agri-food sectors
On 16 September 2020, the European Commission – Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI) in partnership with the European Investment Bank (EIB) launched a series of country specific webinars on the ‘Financial needs in the agriculture and agri-food sectors’.