The fi-compass library contains a range of different information and learning resources covering a variety of topics related to financial instruments under the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF). The fi-compass resources are published and can be downloaded here. They may be particularly useful for managing authorities and other bodies involved in the management of ESIF. They include:
- Primary and secondary legislation – Here you can find the primary legal documentation for the Common provisions regulation and the secondary regulations for each of the ESI Funds.
- EC Regulatory Guidance – Here you can find the guidance on the application of specific regulatory provisions relevant for the implementation of ESIF financial instruments, as issued by the European Commission.
- fi-compass publications - aim to address issues faced by ESIF authorities during the establishment and the implementation of financial instruments, covering different stages of the financial instrument life cycle. They raise awareness on relevant practices, help improve the understanding about regulatory and technical requirements and provide advice on the approach to take. Short informative factsheets, practical manuals and case studies on financial instruments implemented in 2007-2013 and 2014-2020 programming periods can be found here.
- fi-compass videos – video resources from fi-compass include films providing general and technical advice about using ESIF financial instruments. Other video material showcases financial instruments 'in action' as well the fi-compass event series and testimonials from practitioners involved with ESIF financial instruments.
- News about ESIF financial instruments is published regularly through a series of short articles on our website and the Beacon newsletter is produced to provide a round-up of developments with ESIF financial instruments.
- Other resources – this part of the library contains relevant information from EU sources, such as the European Parliament, European Investment Bank Group, Committee of the Regions, and the European Court of Auditors. Information produced by external sources about ESIF financial instruments is also available here.
|30.09.2022 / Factsheets
fi-compass Knowledge Hub – Implementation of financial instruments across consecutive programming periods
|19.09.2022 / Manuals
Financial Instruments for education and learning
|07.07.2022 / Factsheets
ERDF Equity financial instruments
|20.06.2022 / Other resources
New European Bauhaus territorial development model (NEB TDM) financial instrument
|16.06.2022 / Brochures
Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF) – Financial instruments
|15.06.2022 / Case Studies
Mikrodarlehen - Microloans for entrepreneurs and start-ups in Saxony, Germany
|18.05.2022 / Brochures
Model for a financial instrument with a grant component to support energy efficiency
|16.05.2022 / Case Studies
Micro and small loans for rural development 2014-2020, Croatia
|25.03.2022 / Case Studies
ESF Financial instruments in Bulgaria