Stocktaking study on financial instruments by sector
Progress to date, market needs and implications for financial instruments
The study focuses on five sectors that have the potential for greater use of financial instruments in the future being:
- Renewable Energy (RE);
- Urban Development and Transport (UDT);
- Environment (including air, water and waste);
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT) infrastructure; and
- Research, Development and Innovation in Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (RDI in SMEs).
The potential investment opportunities for the 2014-2020 programming period are identified, together with an analysis of where new investment opportunities are expected to arise in the future. The report goes on to consider the scope to expand financial instruments in these sectors in the short and medium-term, including in the 2021-2027 programming period.
The report comprises of the following documents which can be found below:
- Executive summary
- Full report
- 5 x case studies featuring examples of financial instruments in the different sectors
- 5 x sectoral fiches synthesising the key information for each of the five sectors