The European Commission – Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI) and the European Investment Bank (EIB) are pleased to invite you to participate to the upcoming fi-compass event ‘Addressing price volatility and financing needs of young farmers and agriculture’, that will take place on 29 April 2019 in Brussels.
The event will be opened by Phil Hogan, European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development and by Andrew McDowell, Vice President of the European Investment Bank, who will share their views on financing young farmers and addressing price volatility in the agricultural sector.
This fi-compass EAFRD event aims to further raise awareness on young farmers needs and access to financing and addressing price volatility in the agricultural sector, and to discuss how to set up adequate and effective financial instruments under the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
During this event, participants can expect to get an overview on:
- the EU's rural development policy support for agriculture and young farmers;
- the opportunities provided by EAFRD financial instruments for financing agriculture and young farmers;
- examples on EU Member States and regions which are using EAFRD financial instruments with specific focus on young farmers;
- tools and credit conditions offered by EU banks to address price volatility in agriculture, including four product examples.
This fi-compass EAFRD event is mainly targeted for:
- high level national and regional political representatives from all EU Member States dealing with agriculture and rural development;
- representatives from EAFRD managing authorities and paying agencies from all EU Member States;
- financial intermediaries, including financial institutions, fund managers, guarantee institutions, their associations and all other financial sector stakeholders directly involved in the management of EAFRD financial instruments;
- farm union representatives, as well as all associations dealing with the agricultural, agro-food and forestry sectors.
If you plan to stay at the Brussels Marriott Hotel Grande Place you can book upon availability and until 28th of March 2019, rooms within a limited contigent blocked for fi-compass event participants. Please click here
Online registration for the event will be open from Monday, 25 February 2019 until Friday, 19 April 2019.
Places for up to 250 participants are available.
We recommend registering as soon as possible.