The European Commission – Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO) in partnership with the European Investment Bank (EIB) is pleased to invite you to participate to the online conference ‘Regional policy financial instruments ready to meet the EU challenges’, that will take place on Tuesday, 1 December (14.00-17.45) and Wednesday, 2 December 2020 (9.00-13.15).
The conference will offer a comprehensive programme for practitioners working or planning to work with financial instruments under the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and Cohesion Fund (CF) 2021-2027 programmes and the Just Transition Fund. The conference will feature information sessions and interactive formats covering:
- Cohesion policy and the EU recovery plan;
- Legislation update – The new CPR and other key regulations;
- ‘Financial instrument friendly’ programmes;
- Financing the EU Renovation wave through financial instruments in combination with grants;
- InvestEU Programme – Outlook for the upcoming period;
- Financial instruments supporting SMEs, including their role in the response to the COVID-19 crisis and other current topics;
- Financial instruments supporting energy efficiency in housing and other current topics.
The conference will be structured in a modular format to allow participants to join the sessions that reflect their specific interests. The ‘plenary’ session on day one, 1 December, will consider several key horizontal topics relating to the implementation of financial instruments in the 2021-2027 programming period. On day two, 2 December, we will present a session on InvestEU and two parallel sessions on key sectors in the new Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF), SME financing and Energy Efficiency.