The European Commission – Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI) and the European Investment Bank (EIB) are pleased to invite you to participate to the ‘Fifth annual EU conference on EAFRD financial instruments for agriculture and rural development in 2014-2020’, that will take place on 4 -5 June 2019 in Bucharest, Romania.
The conference will be opened by high-level representatives from the European Commission, the Romanian government, the Romanian Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, as well as the European Investment Bank (EIB) and the European Investment Fund (EIF).
Have a look at last year's conference video to experience the atmosphere of the conference and hear testimonials from the speakers and participants.
During the conference, participants can expect to get an overview on:
- the Commission’s proposal for supporting agriculture and rural development through the CAP and financial instruments and its status;
- the opportunities provided by EAFRD financial instruments for EU Member States and regions;
- experiences of EAFRD managing authorities in using financial instruments;
- project examples supporting rural infrastructure by using EAFRD financial instruments;
- the impact and results of EAFRD supported financial instruments on the development of their agricultural and agri-food economies.
Whom will you meet at the event?
This fi-compass EAFRD conference is mainly targeted for:
- high level national and regional political representatives from all EU Member States dealing with agriculture and rural development;
- representatives from EAFRD managing authorities and paying agencies from all EU Member States;
- financial intermediaries, including financial institutions, fund managers, guarantee institutions, their associations and all other financial sector stakeholders directly involved in the management of EAFRD financial instruments;
- farm union representatives, as well as all associations dealing with the agricultural, agro-food and forestry sectors.
Online registration will close on Monday, 27 May 2019.
Places for up to 300 participants are available.
We recommend registering as soon as possible.